BasenjiMom

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ash Wednesday

And the traditional beginning of Lent. I am not Catholic, but I do partake in the "Lenten Sacrifice"....ie; giving something up for Lent, so that I remain mindful of the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross, and the 40 days he spent in the wilderness fasting & praying with no one but Satan coming to test him. I normally go for the gusto on this as well, and pick something that truly is a sacrifice..so I put a lot of thought into it. Thsi year, I am giving up Pasta. Not just spaghetti, "Pasta" is everything pasta, including macaroni & cheese, ramen noodles, and things with pasta in them, as chicken noodle soup. Here I go!

1 Comments:

  • Catherine is going without ice cream. Grace is giving up candy. Matthew is still deciding.

    Catherine suggested I give up Coke. I asked her why, so that Mommy can lapse into a coma?

    By Blogger Colleen, at 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home