BasenjiMom

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Doggie Bladder Control

Why does my dog get up every morning between 4-4:30am to tinkle? Why can't he hold his water anymore? At 7 years old, has his bladder shrunk?
I take him on a loooong walk after work, where he proceeds to lift his leg on every tree, bush, or branch that he finds, until there is nothing left to "mark" with...he goes out a minimum of 2 more times after that, one of which being right before we go to bed, and I take his water bowl up at 8pm. Still, 9 times out of 10 - he is waking me up about 4am to go out. I suppose I should be grateful that he wakes me up?

1 Comments:

  • I think, like a kid....because he can.

    Try delaying him 10 minutes or so a night. See if he can learn to go a little longer.

    By Blogger Denise Mall, at 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home