BasenjiMom

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What Hap'n to the Cap'n?


I like Cap'n Crunch, really I do...it's a good cereal. It gets soggy a little fast for a cereal with "crunch" in the name, and sometimes it scratches the roof of my mouth, but overall it has a very good flavor.
So WHY do they insist on messing with things? When I was little, they had the original, and they had Crunch Berries.

I liked Crunch Berries, it was the original, with some red balls in them, which were some sort of manufactured berry. I didn't care, they tasted good!
Not anymore, now they have to come out with different colored berries, and it just messes up the taste - I'm telling you that the color of the crunch berry makes a huge difference!

They also had Peanut Butter Crunch, and still do, While I am a huge peanut butter fan and will practically eat it on anything, I cannot stand peanut butter cereal , it just does not work for me. So, I offer you no opinion on this other than I do not like it, nor did my Sister as we never begged Mom for it!


THEN, they came out with Jean LaFoot's Cinnamon Crunch!!

For those unfamiliar with the world of our fine Cap'n, Jean LaFoote was his nemesis - the bad pirate, if you will. I am up on these things due to the fact that I had a Cap'n Cruch coloring book when I was 5 !
My older Sister and I begged our Mom to buy us this cereal, and we finished it in about 2 days! This is singlehandedly the BEST cinnamon cereal I have ever eaten. In 34 years they have not been able to duplicate it! Of course, like most cereals that I loved as a child, it was gone within 2 years.

In the mid eighties, the Capn' came out with Choco Crunch, which was the original mixed with little chocolate balls.


I liked Choco Crunch, and the mascot "Chockle" who looks like a blob of cookie dough! And, in the mid-eighties I was a big girl with my own apartment, so I could blow all the money I wanted on Choco Crunch! Of course, once again.....they removed it from the market. Another cereal mystery unsolved.

All I have now is the original Cap'n Crunch to keep my childhood alive. Yes, these are things that I think about.

5 Comments:

  • I agree! Leave the berries RED! It was great the way it was. Yucky on the other colors.

    By Blogger Denise Mall, at 7:04 PM  

  • You still have that coloring book, don't you? Fess up!

    By Blogger The Ferryman, at 6:07 AM  

  • Fabby - NO, I do not have that coloring book anymore, but I wish I did!

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 10:08 AM  

  • Cap'n Crunch is my favorite! I'm not allowed to eat it, but sometimes, i sneak a box in the house.

    Don't judge me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 AM  

  • Tim - you ARE Cap'n Crunch!

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home