BasenjiMom

Friday, February 20, 2009

Scaredy Cat

If you read my other blog you know I got a cat. A cat with vampire tendencies. He stays under the futon in the spare room all day, only comes out at night. I know this because the food bowl is empty every morning, and the litter box is full, and the toys are everywhere. So he is having big parties at night, and sleeping under the couch all day. He's a rock star. Or Elvis. And, if he continues to eat like that and never come out and walk around, he will get as fat as Elvis and need some of the best weight loss pill for cats!
He allows me to get within arms reach of him to pet him - no closer!
It's been 2 weeks. I'm wondering if he will ever come out from under the futon and explore the rest of the house !

1 Comments:

  • If he is out exploring at night and letting you touch him, you are on your way to friendship. He has just been scared. He is learning that you come back when you leave and that you keep the food bowl full. I think cats are a bit slower then dogs at bonding, due to huge independence, but they do get there.

    By Blogger Denise Mall, at 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home