BasenjiMom

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I Heart PetsMart, or, How I got 19.5 lbs of Dog Food for $2 !

Petsmart is not cheap, specialty stores never are. But, I like that I can bring Snoopy there with me, that they donate to pet charities, and when they have a sale, it's a doozy! They recently advertised a 6.5 lb bag of Purina Naturals Dog Food for $4 with your PetPerks card, it's regularly $9.99 - that's a $5.99 savings, and it happens to be Snoopy's food! But, being the thrifty shopper that I am, I didn't stop there. A few weeks ago there was a coupon in the paper for the same dog food for $4 off - I managed to scrounge up two of these coupons. I also had another coupon from our last bag of Purina Naturals, good for $2.50 off our next purchase. So, I went to Petsmart and got THREE bags of Purina Naturals (total of 19.5 lbs)...and after my PetPerks card savings, and the coupons...my total was $2.34 !!

2 Comments:

  • ebay ebay ebay! I bought that same coupon off ebay. I bought 22 coupons for 3.00. I went and got 22 2lb canisters that were on sale for 4.00 each. My coupon covered the 4.00 so I spent 3.00 for the cost of the coupons, I had to buy one can of food to ring up at the register and including tax, I spent 6.00 for 44 pounds of food!

    By Blogger Mz Thang, at 3:08 AM  

  • That's awesome! I also got a petperks instant $3 coupon on my reciept from this purchase, so I can get another bag for $1! The sale is until April 30!

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home