BasenjiMom

Sunday, June 17, 2007

The C Word.

I am back. And at a loss for words..imagine that. They were unable to complete my Mom's surgery. When we got the call in the surgical waiting room only 3 hours in, we knew it was not going to be good news. Then, the surgeon comes down and takes you to that little dimly lit room. The tumor in her pancreas was too large, and attached to her portal vein..a major blood supplier to the body, to try and remove it would risk her life.
Cancer.
No one wants to hear that word in their lifetime.
She is still in ICU, but recovering nicely, they were able to remove her gall bladder while they were in there.
We do not know what the next step is. We are new at this, and are taking it one day at a time, learning as we go.

3 Comments:

  • I'm so sorry, Cheryl.

    By Blogger Amy, at 7:16 PM  

  • {{Cheryl}}

    By Blogger Colleen, at 9:46 PM  

  • Oh Cheryl, I'm so sorry. I'm sending up a prayer for your mother, you and your family.

    What about oral treatments? I know of a gal (my commercial property renters daughter) that they gave oral treatments too, because hers was too close to the heart.

    By Blogger Denise Mall, at 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home