BasenjiMom

Friday, November 02, 2007

South Florida, Alligators, Traffic Issues and the PayPerPost IZEA Blog America Tour.

I had to go to Miami yesterday for a 10am meeting. So, we headed south on I-75 at 5am...very tired. Lots of coffee, 3 potty stops, and 4 1/2 hours later we arrived at our destination. After the meeting (was it long and boring because I had been up since 03:30?) and lunch with our peers, we headed back home about 3pm. I was supposed to meet up with Sister and Nephew for the PayPerPost BlogTour America Gig at the Hard Rock that evening at 7pm. I texted her to let her know we were stil in Miami, and I wasn't sure if we'd get there in time. Took us longer than usual to actually get out of Miami area and onto 75 North....like 30 minutes longer..traffic down there is horrible! We made our way across Alligator Alley, and counted up some gators to pass the time (8 total)....stopped at the first exit in Naples for Gas, and got back on the highway...if we made good time from here (normally a 3 hour trip), I may make it to the gig. About 5 miles up the interstate, all traffic was STOPPED. We CRAWLED at 10-15 MPH for the next 50 miles.
Do you know how aggravating that can be?
Have you ever been in traffic like that on an interstate?
It took us an hour and a half to get from Naples to Ft Meyers...normally a 30 MINUTE RIDE! It was brutal. And, of course, when we got to where the delay was...THERE WERE NO LANES BLOCKED...THERE WERE NO BODIES IN THE ROAD...there were 2 squished cars and a state trooper on the side of the road in the grass. THAT'S ALL!
So, a trip that normally takes anywhere from 4-4 1/2 hours, took us SIX HOURS!
I missed the gig, and from what I saw on the PPP blog, everyone had a good time!
I hate that I was not there.
And, NO, I am not getting paid to tell you this story...it was merely for entertainment purposes, and to vent my frustration!

2 Comments:

  • I sit in traffic, most Wednesdays when I head to see my gramps. Drives me crazy too.

    My ma lives out in Bokeelia (Pine Island), I have trucked through Ft. Myers before - I don't recall traffic like this EVER. Amazing.

    I saw the pic's from your sis' adventure with the PPP boys, looked like fun. Your sis is so outgoing.

    By Blogger Denise Mall, at 9:39 AM  

  • Yes, she's a pistol! She got the IRoomba too for her canned goods donation! She also got me some swag!

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home