BasenjiMom

Thursday, October 25, 2007

They Gave Me a Hard Time.

I dared them. And they did. Freaking K Mart.
The K Mart in my town is a D.U.M.P. They should call it G Mart (GHETTO!).....the store is always a mess, crap stacked in the aisles, nothing is marked properly, it is not unusual for there to be a pllaet jack blocking an aisle. And, the employees look like they were pulled off the street - always unkempt and unprofessional looking. I was surprised they didn't close that store when they merged with Sears. This is why I never shop there.
Now, I used to work at this K Mart. Back in the day. When I was a much younger woman. Worked my way up from cashier, to Supervisor over the checkouts, to Garden Shop Manager. Career oriented, I was. Yep, climbing the old K-Ladder!
Back then, management cared and the store was clean and neat. And employees would get busted for it not being neat.
Anyway, back to my story.
I waltzed the candy displays with my free coupon in hand, knowing I would be held to the terms printed on it...I wanted to ensure I did the right thing. I finally settled on a bag of fun sized Almond Joy, the sign on the shelf stated they were $2.79.
I got the checkout, of course, I had a trainee who did not know what to do. The trainer looked at the coupon and immmediatley told me they could not take it since it was printed off the internet.
Huh? Scuse me? It's a K MART coupon. K MART emailed it to me, and TOLD ME TO PRINT IT AND USE IT IN THE STORE.
Yes, but people are printing 5 of them and trying to get 5 bags of candy.
Um, that is not my problem, sounds like an I.T. issue, fix it so it will only print once! I have ONE coupon and am trying to get ONE bag of candy.
Yes, but we can't take it. it is for a $2.79 bag of candy, and this candy is on sale for $1.66.
If your shelves were marked properly, I would not have a problem finding the $2.79 bags of candy - but everything is just thrown all over the place over there!GET THE MANAGER PLEASE.
Manager type comes over, tells the trainer "Oh yeah, you'll be seeing a lot of these from now until Halloween - shows her how to give me the discount - and tells her it is ONE PER VISIT - and if I wanted to walk out of the store and come back in with another coupon in hand and get more free candy, he is happy to allow me to do so!
HA!
Take THAT!

Moral: You can get your free candy from Kmart, but you may have to hold the line up and cause a small ruckus. I couldn't care less, it was a matter of principle - if a retailer is going to email me a coupon for something, I am dern well going to hold said retailer up to their side of the bargain.

4 Comments:

  • We are some sort of freaky sisters, I too worked for K-mart, way back when. I also took the same career path, I mean identical. STrange!

    I NEVER shop at K-mart anymore. First because there are not near and convenient and 2nd because they are disasters, with a store name. They have slid to the bottom in every aspect.

    I'm guessing the slide to the bottom happen when they lost 2 wonderful employees :-)!

    By Blogger Denise Mall, at 8:26 AM  

  • OMG D, that is hilarious! We ARE Sisters!!
    The things I will do for free chocolate! Ha!

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 9:23 AM  

  • I love it that you are a total badass!

    By Blogger The Ferryman, at 9:51 AM  

  • Sounds like you are describing the Kmart near me. Since I don't shop at Wal Mart, I may, occassionaly stop into Kmart, but I do prefer Target.

    By Blogger Not a Granny, at 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home