BasenjiMom

Monday, October 22, 2007

Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk Tampa Bay

Went to the closing ceremonies yesterday for the Tampa 3 Day Walk, to show support for Sister. Her Hubby, kids and Mom came with us....
I have to say, as a walker, that I got the rush as soon as we arrived and I started seeing all those tired walkers clad in pink! It's something you never lose, like a Sisterhood....once a walker, always a walker. The ceremonies were just as emotional and moving, for me, as a spectator as they were when I walked. I got the chills and felt the tears coming as soon as they started coming through the gate. There was a rain cloud looming over us through the whole thing, but it only released a few random drops - it did not rain on our Pink Parade!
After the event, we went to Carrabba's and did a carbo load!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home