BasenjiMom

Friday, November 09, 2007

Oprah and the Osmonds

I saw that Oprah was going to have all of the Osmonds on her show, so I decided to DVR it. I was never a huge Osmond Brother fan, they are a little before my day...nor was I a Donny fan, he was a little old for me.....I did, however, watch The Donny & Marie Show faithfully when I was younger! I always enjoyed that show, and I don't quite recall how I got to see it, as it doesn't seem like it would be my Father's kind of show (he was more of an Archie Bunker fan)....not sure, but I remember watching it..and loving it! I always liked when they brought the whole family on.....I envied their family, and wished mine could be like that. Anyhoo...their Father passed away earlier this week, but they did the show anyway.....ALL 150 SOMETHING OF THEM! Yeesh! They chartered and entire Southwest Airplane to get them from Salt Lake to Chicago! They all have a jillion kids, and their kids had kids, etc etc......! It was a nice trip down memory lane, they sang and showed the old clips from their singing days.....oh, and did you know that there are 2 OLDER Osmond Brothers that were not in the group? I did not. Apparently, they had hearing problems (deaf, or partially deaf? not sure) , so they cannot sing....and the group was started to raise money & awareness for hearing aids! I never knew that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home