BasenjiMom

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Wine-O

I went to a wine tasting this evening, at a CHOCOLATE shop! We have a Peterbrooke Chocolatier's here locally that recently opened, and they had a holiday sampling event this evening. They do not sell wine, but had a seller there doing a tasting, and they were showing you how to pair wines with chocolate..YUM! There were also chocolate samples all around..from chocolate covered popcorn, chocolate covered Nutter Butters (YUM) to a chocolate truffle torte!! And Gelato! They have Gelato...LOVE the Gelato! Ohh, and the chocolate covered pretzels - my FAVORITE - I love the salty-sweet combo! There stuff is not cheap, but it is very good chocolate, and they had some nice gift ideas. I sampled the popcorn and torte, along with all the wines (LOL) and bought a chocolate covered Peanut Butter & Ritz cracker, and a few malted milk balls to take home. I'm thinking my neices would love that place, they have expensive taste in food for such young girls!

2 Comments:

  • Uh, yeah. Do you know what Grace put on her list for Santa? Cadbury's drinking chocolate. No Swiss Miss for my girl!

    By Blogger Colleen, at 8:26 PM  

  • Maybe you could have your nieces over and make your own candies. It's easy and fun.

    You can't make all the goodies they served...or I can't, but you can do a lot of the favorites - like chocolate covered Nutter Butters, chocolate covered ritz peanut butter sandwiches, chocolate covered pretzels etc.

    Peanutbutter balls are good too.

    Wish I could went with you.

    By Blogger Denise Mall, at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home