BasenjiMom

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Drivers Ed 101 - My Car Stalled, what do I do?

Apparently, this is going to be a continuing series! I left work about 5:15 yesterday, and it took me FORTY-FIVE MINUTES to go the first 5 miles. To say I was less than pleased is an understatement. I could not understand why traffic was not moving. Granted, traffic is normally heavy that time of day on that road, but not like that. I was moving about 5 feet, then sitting for 5 minutes, then moving another 5 feet. The radio was reporting the major snarl, which was affecting 2 major arteries, but not what the was causing it. I tried to think of other things, listen to NPR..anything to keep me from feeding on my growing aggravation! When I finally got to the point where the problem was, I expected to find numerous cop cars, body parts on the road, and car mangled beyond recognition. What did I find? What , do you think was cause a THREE LANE major artery to back up for miles?? A car. A stalled car in the middle lane with it's hazard blinkers on, and the driver sitting behind the wheel. No police. No debris. No dents. No body parts. Just, a car. Sitting there. Ummm, excuse me, I'm sorry to bother you...but some of us would like to get home this evening, before midnight...would it be too much bother for you to GET OUT OF YOUR FREAKING CAR AND PUT IT IN NUETRAL AND PUSH IT TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD SO IT DOES NOT BLOCK THE ENTIRE COUNTY FROM GETTING HOME? That would be lovely, if it's not too much to ask. Yeah. One jackass in a stalled car turned my 45 minute commute into an HOUR and forty five minutes. You wonder why people get road rage? I don't!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home