BasenjiMom

Monday, May 07, 2007

Drivers Ed 101 - Turn Signals and How to Use Them

Yeah, the automobile turn signal. Which is defined, literally, as a SIGNAL to advise other drivers that you are going to TURN. You see, like most people, I am not psychic, I need you to show me what you are going to do when you are in front of me in a 2000 lb machine. It's that lever on the left side of your steering column. Push it to the UP position when you are turning right, and to the DOWN position when you are turning left. And, then, all the other drivers around you will know what you are going to do, and NOT have to slam on their brakes to avoid hitting you. Amazing little invention, the turn signal, try using it. There will be a test on my commute home today.

2 Comments:

  • I'm right there with you.

    Could you add one piece of education?

    "When lost do not coast on the road until you find where you are going, causing delays by all. Pull your car over and regroup. Just cause your day is spent being lost and delayed, does not mean the entire world would like to share in your aggravation."

    I'm available to teach - but not on my wine days. :-)

    By Blogger Denise Mall, at 5:18 PM  

  • D, you are preaching to the choir Sister! All the retirees down here do that exact thing, maybe because they cant see where the turn is until they are on top of it?

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home