BasenjiMom

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Pur Cheap Water

I got one of these! I have wanted one for a long time, because all I drink is water, juice, iced tea, coffee, or milk. No soda. Florida has hard, nasty water...I don't know anyone who drinks it unfiltered out of the faucet. Bottled water can get expensive when you drink as much of it as I do, and then I have to take the bottles to the recycler. It was $19.87 at Target, and there was a $5 off coupon in the paper this past Sunday, bringing my cost down to $14.87. You have to replace the filters about every 3 months, at an approx cost of $18....which works out to be about 60 cents per day...much cheaper than bottled water, and I am reducing my recycled waste by eliminating bottled water! I live in a condo, and do not pay a water bill....so there are no hidden costs. Once I install this...filtered water, all day long right out of my faucet!

2 Comments:

  • I have a larger version of this on my water dispenser on the fridge. Of course, we have a whole house filter system too, but my water is almost better than the bottle.

    I think you will really be happy with your purchase.

    Keeping a pitcher in the fridge after running through your filter might keep you on track too. Also buy 1 travel cup that you really like and keep it ready in the fridge.

    By Blogger Denise Mall, at 9:32 PM  

  • Already in that job, D! Got a pitcher of cold water in the fridge, and some bottles for "on the go" !

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home