BasenjiMom

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

No Dungy for Me : (

Tony Dungy was in Tampa today signing his new book. There were 2 opportunities to see him, and I missed out on both. Apparently Coach Dungy still has a very large fan base here.
He was at Borders on S. Dale Mabry from 4-6pm...I showed up after work, and was encouraged by the lack of a line and easy parking.
Foolish little girl.
There was a sign on the door stating that you needed a wrist band to get the autograph, and when I opened the door, there was a guy there turning people away. They had sold every copy they had of the book, and, due to time constraints, could not allow anyone else in. No worries, there was another signing at Lifeway Christian Store in Citrus Park from 7-9pm, right on my way home, and I had 2 hours before it even started!
Foolish little girl.
I pulled into that parking lot at 5:45pm...and the line was out the store and all the way down to the end of the plaza..there were hundreds of people there. And, they had obviously been there for some time, they had coolers, chairs, and umbrella's..which they were going to need because the black sky, thunder & lightning were rolling in!
I really like Tony Dungy, he's a great coach and an even better man....but I was not about to stand in the rain for 2 hours just to see him for 30 seconds and get an autographed copy of his book.
So, no book, no autograph...nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home