BasenjiMom

Sunday, July 15, 2007

10 Miles....or was it?

We met up at 8am this morning, stretched and headed out for our 10 mile walk. We started at the Pinellas trail on Main St in Dunedin, walked north to Curlew Rd (pit stop at McD's to use the rest room), then went west on Curlew out the Dunedin Causeway to the 2nd bridge, turned around and came back. It was brutal. The trail has little to no shade, the causeway has no shade, though there was a slight breeze off the gulf. I think they miscalculated the mileage on this one, it had to be more than 10 miles....it took FOUR HOURS. Four hours in the smothering, blistering, heat! I was dying. My fingers were swollen like little breakfast sausages, so much so that it hurt to try and close my hands! I had on all of my cool max "moisture wicking" gear, special sports bra, special panties, special socks, special tank top....we were still overheated! Sister & I stopped at Walgreens on the way back to borrow some of their air conditioning, we were literally leaning against the cooler area where they keep the individual sodas, so that we could feel the cool air off of it! Then, we had to buy a popsicle to cool off! I was so happy to get home, strip down and take a cool shower! Then Snoopy & I took a 2 hour nap! I feel better now.

1 Comments:

  • I mapped it on that pedometer site and it claims it was only 4.77 miles to the bridge we turned around at. I can't believe it!

    By Blogger Colleen, at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home