BasenjiMom

Saturday, July 14, 2007

The results are in !

My grocery shopping price comparison project is complete, and I am very pleased with the results! I compared the prices of 30 items that are staples my my kitchen. Items compared were the same size & brand, and regular prices only.

PUBLIX was the winner with total of $70.41!
Albertson's came in at $76.61.

While Albertson's does have really good sale prices (you have to have their little shopping club card to get the advertised prices) , they were higher on almost all of the regular priced items I compared...by more than just a few pennies!

I'm glad Publix came in cheaper, as the store is less than 2 miles from my house and I can walk there if need be. They keep a nice clean store with neat fronted shelves, I've always been happy with their store brand products, and they have a new line of Greenwise organic products that is expanding rapidly.

I will still watch all sales flyers and purchase any really good deals at other stores, but, for now, I remain loyal to Publix for my regular grocery shopping.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home