BasenjiMom

Thursday, May 31, 2007

How much is too much?

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 10:28-30

I spoke to my older Sister last night, who has been over at our Mom's this past week taking her to Dr appts and doing what needs to be done to get ready for her surgery in 2 weeks. My Mother is becoming excitable, argumentative & belligerant about little things, and we are not sure if it is a reaction to her health issues, or she is just stressed that we have upset their daily routine. They got into an argument becuase my Mother refused to buy her laundry detergent at Target. THAT is how routine they are, she HAS to buy her Cheer at Publix. She insists that she hates Target and will not purchase Cheer there...and you cannot explain to her in any way that the Cheer at Target is the same bottle of Cheer they sell at Publix. THIS is what we are dealing with.

My siblings and I are in for a very long summer. But, I know that God will not give us more than we can carry.

2 Comments:

  • Cheryl, I feel for you. My Dad recently passed away at age 83, and had grown more dependent on us kids the last couple of years (although you'd never get him to admit that!) It was a struggle that I wish I didn't have to go through, although the last two weeks with him were the best I'd ever spent. We grew closer through that time, and I gradually got to know him in a different way, and was sorry we had so little time together in the relationship that had developed. God bless you on your journey, and bless your Mother as well.

    By Blogger Steve S., at 10:05 AM  

  • I know he doesn't give us more than we can handle, but I just wish he would hand me a little rest in between the heavy loads. :)

    Funny, but I needed this post - thank you.

    By Blogger Denise Mall, at 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home