BasenjiMom

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Are you ready...

for some football? I am !! I love football season, and will watch it all...college, NFL..my weekends in the fall are jam packed with football viewing and, if I am lucky enough to score some tickets, game attendance!
Training camp is open, and the Bucs have already made some questioning moves. They released Simeon Rice, defensive veteran , monster pass rusher, and team sack leader. WTH? The Bucs claim it was because he failed the team physical, Rice claims it was about money...yes, he was injured last season, but he came to camp ready to play. I tend to lean in his direction on this one, especially since it happened just hours after #1 draft pick Gaines Adams signed a $46 Million contract. Rice declined a cut in pay. Do you blame him? The man does his job and very well, why should he? Yeah....Gaines has some huge cleats to fill, and he's really going to have to step up his rookie season and prove he is worth the jack they spent on him, or we'll be asking for his head on a platter. Bucs fans are brutal about these things. As for Rice, someone will scoop him up fast, and he'll lead their defense in stead of ours.
We seem to be playing a bit of quarterback shuffle as well....Simms is coming off his season ending spleen injury, we signed Garcia in the off season...I think we are supposed to have Jake Plummer as well...but he has been a no show, and all reports state that he's retired...did anyone tell the Bucs organization that?... I have no idea what that move was all about.
Gruden is scrambling. His "Chuckie" persona has worn off in these parts, the superbowl win was 5 years ago.... we've had back to back losing seasons...and we want a winner. If they don't make the playoffs this year, I believe he's the next cut....and I will not be sad to see him go.

4 Comments:

  • I'm ready

    By Blogger Mic Man, at 3:58 PM  

  • Ready for Tony to come back!!!

    By Blogger Not a Granny, at 9:06 PM  

  • I'm not as much into pro football as I used to be, and I am no Bucs fan (go Dolphins!)

    I think we can agree about The Gators though! :)

    By Blogger The Ferryman, at 5:51 AM  

  • Chucky's an obnoxious weasel who backstabbed Rich McKay and chased everyone out of the front office that built that super bowl team (Jerry D'Angelo, who went on to build the Chicago Bears with Lovie Smith?).

    O.V.E.R.R.A.T.E.D

    Of course, it could be worse, they could've picked up Tim Couch at QB like my Jags just did. TIM COUCH??!!??

    I hear they went with him because Bob Griese was unavailable.

    Someday you'll have to ask me what I really think!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home