BasenjiMom

Monday, September 03, 2007

Mmmmm...Football!

So, the college season started off with a bang this weekend, and no one is happier than I!

My Gators kicked off with a 49-3 rout on Western Kentucky. I passed up tickets to this game as I already had plans to go to Mom's, hopefully I'll get offered again before the season is over. There is NOTHING like a Saturday afternoon at The Swamp!

Local team, the USF Bulls put up a nice win against Elon.

But, the big news was the Michigan game! Division III Appalachian State, BEAT the Wolverines, IN THE BIG HOUSE.....! They'll be talking about this one for a while. My favorite story to come out of it? A. State is sending a jab to Kirk Herbstreit from ESPN , in the form of a platter of cupcakes - as he jokingly passed out cupcakes Saturday morning on College Gameday when referring to schools like Michigan scheduling opening day "cupcake" opponents. Talk about eating your words!

Tonight at 8pm is the Bowden Bowl, Clemson vs FSU - I don't like the Seminoles - however, it's football so I will be watching!

4 Comments:

  • GOOOOOOOOOOOOO GAAAAAAAAAAATTTTOOOOOOOORRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

    How sick is it that I taught my daughters about Mr. Two-bits this weekend?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 PM  

  • And it all works out! Clemson wins!

    By Blogger The Ferryman, at 6:23 AM  

  • BOOYAH!

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 8:26 PM  

  • Oh, and Tim, teaching your girls about Mr 2 Bits is not sick, that's a HISTORY LESSON my friend!

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home