BasenjiMom

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Winn Dirty


I had a visit with Stepdad today, brought him a plate of food and some of my homemade banana nut muffins. We had to run to the store to get him milk, cookies, and lunchmeat...so I decided to run into the local Winn Dixie because we were going right by.
MISTAKE.
I haven't been in a Winn Dixie in a LONG time, I have always considered them at the bottom of the grocery chains. Now I remember why.
Maybe it was because this location is an older store. Or, maybe they are all like that.
The entire store had an unpleasant odor.
The deli counter was dirty.
You are selling FOOD here people - you want the store to be clean and smell nice! Someone needs to go in there in some 5.11 Tactical Shorts and clean the joint up!
The prices were high, and they will not give you the sale price unless you have their shopper card. $4.19 for a pkg of Oreos. Are you kidding me? KEEP THEM!
Well, I don't have your shopper card because I do not shop in your nasty little store.
And I will NOT be coming back.
Next time, we'll go the extra mile to get to Publix, it's worth the gas money!

3 Comments:

  • That WD is especially bad. I avoided going there at all costs.

    By Blogger Colleen, at 5:09 PM  

  • Funny, that is exactly how I felt in Florida @ Winn Dixie. Gross!!

    On another point - when visiting a store you do NOT have the savers card to, try asking if the employee behind the register will scan theirs. I've done this before and they are generally quite happy to help.

    Both Eagle & Krogers do this around our neck of the woods.

    By Blogger Denise Mall, at 7:15 AM  

  • Reminds me of the WD across from the world class Sheldon road waste water treatment plant...gag.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home