BasenjiMom

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Out of the mouths of babes....

I have been blessed with some awesome kids in my life. My Sister has been on vacation in Canada, her oldest, Catherine (age 11) , sent me this email while they were away:
"Hi Aunt Cheryl! I'm at the Hilton Hotel in Niagara Falls. In Montreal we went to Notre Dame and I lit a candle for Linda and Rupbert and said a prayer for them..."

Last night while on the phone with my Stepmother (Colleen's Mom) who was on vacation with them, Gracie (her middle child, age 9)called out from the background "Tell Aunt Cheryl I'm praying for Lynda" .

These are young girls, on summer vacation with their family. And they were unselfishly thinking of my Mom's (who is not their Grandmother) medical struggles.

Need I say more?

2 Comments:

  • They say, because of innocence, children are more in-tune with what needs to be done. Consider them working angels.

    Prayer does work for the one we are praying for and for ourselves as we release some of the stress and power to the one who can hold it.

    By Blogger Denise Mall, at 10:00 AM  

  • I don't know how I ended up with those great kids.

    Not to leave the boy out, he was very concerned about your mom on the plane ride home, and asking about heaven, and making sure she would be there.

    By Blogger Colleen, at 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home